Skip to Content


Clark County Board of Elections



Am I Registered?

Where Do I Vote?

Register to Vote

Update My Address

View Sample Ballots

Vote Absentee By Mail

Vote Absentee In-Person

Track my Absentee Ballot

Election Results

Elected Officials

Absentee Data/Labels/Reports

Registered Voter List/Data/Reports

Street Listing

Precinct Maps




Ohio Voter Registration Information

Registration Quick Links

Change Your Address Online
Use if you are a registered voter to change your address to your new place of residence

Voter Registration Form
Use to change your name or to register for the first time

Voter Registration Statistics

Voter Registration Deadlines

10-A Ohio Voter Registration Cancellation Form
10-F Attorney-in-Fact Authorization before a Notary Public
10-G Attorney-in-Fact before a Physician
10-H Revocation of Authorization Attorney-in-Fact


Registration Qualifications

You are qualified to vote if:

·        You are a citizen of the United States.

·        You are at least 18 years old on or before the day of the general election.

·        You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote.

·        You are not incarcerated (in prison) for a felony conviction.

·        You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court.

·        You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of the election laws.

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I register to vote?

        Any county board of elections or the secretary of state’s office.

        Branch registration offices or locations established by the board of elections.

        Any public high school.

        Any bureau of motor vehicles office.

        Office of designated agencies which provide public assistance or disability programs.

        Public libraries.

        County treasurer’s office.

        By mail. You can print the voter registration form and mail it to the Clark county board of elections at: P.O.  Box 1766, Springfield, Ohio 45501. This form must have an original signature.

Print Voter Registration Form

How is residency determined?

By law, your residence is the place to which, whenever you are absent, you have the intent to return. If you continuously reside outside of Ohio for a period of four years or more, you are not a resident of this state for voter registration purposes, except if you are absent from Ohio because of federal or state government employment, including military service. Leaving for temporary purposes, such as school attendance, does not result in change of residence for voting purposes, unless you register in the area

Do I declare my politics when I register?

No. Under Ohio law, your party affiliation is determined by the ballot you vote in a primary election.

Can a student vote from his/her school address?

Yes, if the student regards that place as his/her residence and registers to vote. Otherwise the student must vote in his/her home community or by absentee ballot if he/she is registered there.

Print voter registration form

What if I move or change my name?

If you are now registered and move within the state or the same county or changed your name, you must report the change to the board of elections by completing a voter registration at the locations stated above, by mail, or online using the link below:

Change Your Address Online

If you do not report the change by the 30th day before an election, please read “exceptions” below.

Exceptions: if you have moved within Clark County, you should vote at the polling place for your new address.

If you change your name and/or move from one precinct to another in your county, you may report the change and vote by appearing at the board of elections during the absentee voting period, or on election day you may go to the polling place in the precinct in which you reside, or go to the board of elections office.

Pursuant to O.R.C 149.45, a peace officer, parole officer, prosecuting attorney, assistant prosecuting attorney, correctional employee, youth services employee, firefighter, EMT, or investigator of the bureau of criminal identification and investigation may request a public office to redact their residential address from records made available to the public on the internet. Requests for redaction must be submitted on the Ohio Attorney General's Request to Redact Address form.

Please click here to download the form.

If you have any questions, please call 937-521-2120






Clark County Board of Elections

Located at:

3130 E. Main St. (formerly E. National Rd.)

Springfield, OH 45505


Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 1766

Springfield, OH 45501-1766


Telephone: 937-521-2120

Fax: 937-328-2603