Skip to Content



Champaign County Board of Elections


FWAB Notice

Election Results

Absentee Voting Information

Absentee Reports

Check My Absentee Request

Registration Information

Am I Registered to Vote?

Ballot List

Street Reporting


Identification Requirements

Voter List

Polling Location Search

Polling Locations

Poll Officials

Candidates and Issues Filings

Candidate Requirement Guide

Election Calendar

Campaign Finance

Voting Demonstration

Voting Procedures

Legal Notices

District Maps

Precinct Maps


SOS Website





Champaign County Board of Elections




Voter Registration and Absentee Voting Information


You are qualified to vote if:

· You are a citizen of the United States.
· You are at least 18 years old on or before the day of the general election.
· You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote.
· You are not incarcerated (in prison) for a felony conviction.
· You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court.
· You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of the election laws.

How is residency determined?

By law, your residence is the place to which, whenever you are absent, you have the intent to return. If you continuously reside outside of Ohio for a period of four years or more, you are not a resident of this state for voter registration purposes, except if you are absent from Ohio because of federal or state government employment, including military service. Leaving for temporary purposes, such as school attendance, does not result in change of residence for voting purposes, unless you register in the area where you are currently residing.

Do I declare my politics when I register?

No. Under Ohio law, your party affiliation is determined by the ballot you vote in a primary election.

Can a student a student vote from his/her school address?

Yes, if the student regards that place as his/her residence and registers to vote. Otherwise the student must vote in his/her home community or by Absentee Ballot if he/she is registered there.





 Yes, except for members of the armed forces serving on active duty. Their spouses and dependents are also exempt if they left Ohio to be with the service member.


· Any County Board of Elections or the Secretary of State’s Office.
· Branch registration offices or locations established by the board of elections.
· Any public high school.
· Any Bureau of Motor Vehicles Office.
· Office of designated agencies which provide public assistance or disability programs.
· Public libraries.
· County Treasurer’s Office.
· By mail. You can print the voter registration form and mail it to the Champaign County Board of Elections at: 1512 S. U.S. Highway 68, Suite L-100, Urbana, Ohio 43078. This form must have an original signature.

Print Voter Registration Form

Provided in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. 

Note: Registration Deadline is 30 days before the election



If you are now registered and move within the state or the same county or changed your name, you must report the change to the board of elections by completing a voter registration at the locations stated above or by mail.

If you do not report the change by the 30th day before an election, please read “Exceptions” below.

Exceptions: If you have moved within Champaign County, you should vote at the polling place for your new address.

If you change your name and/or move from one precinct to another in your county, you may report the change and vote by appearing at the Board of Elections during the absentee voting period, or on election day you may go to the polling place in the precinct in which you reside, or go to the Board of Elections Office.


Please call us if you have any questions. 



The information provided on this page is provided by the County Board of Elections and is their property and is copyrighted by that County.